Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pumpkin Faces!

Still catching up here....!
Click on collage pics to enlarge

Last October Moriah and Gracelyn went to the pumpkin patch on a school field trip. They brought home pumpkins, of course, so we spent a night carving faces on them. Both girls decided they wanted "scary" faces. Daddy went to work carv'en, the girls gleefully got messy with pumpkin goo, and mommy got busy cleaning up after everyone!

John drew Gracie's pumpkin face first, then decided to get a little more creative with Moriah's, so he looked up a face design online. He really did great drawing it out free hand and then carving it. I carved out Gracelyn's to make it go faster, but I am no pro at carving. Hence her poor pumpkin is missing a few teeth and an eyeball I forgot to notch out! LOL!

John got the kids interested in eating the pumpkin seeds, so before the night was over he had washed, dried and roasted up a batch following a recipe from the internet. They were actually pretty tasty. I didn't quite like the texture, though. A little tough and husky, but interesting! After the faces were all carved, we light them up and turned off the lights for the special effect. The kids deemed them scary enough! Ha! Then we made popcorn and watched a family movie together. Fun night making great memories!

Here are a few impromptu pics I took of the girls this Fall at the park. They are wearing their cool camping hats that Daddy bought them!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice to have something new, Laura!=) (Guess I shouldn't give you too hard of a time, with you having been sick and all=)

Looks like you all had a fun time with the pumpkins! I think Gracie's looks pretty good! Can't imagine what mine would have come out like. Lol!

I love the pictures you took of the girls!!! You do such a good job, and they are adorable,so the combination comes together to make some awesome photos! I definitely want you to take our family Christmas photos this year. Maybe some pics of Andrew, too. He hasn't had his pictures taken for a while.

Anyways, hope you guys are all back to good health soon!

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures. Love the collage! Looks like you've gotten it figured out! Hope everyone is feeling better! Take care.

Anonymous said...

That was me, by the way!
Jeannie

Lost in FWA said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the comments! Just let me know when and where on those pics Sarah!
Jeannie, yeah, I got the collage deal figured out...pretty easy once I messed around with it some. Just go to Picasa.com and download picasa3 and it has this option in there plus some other cool options you can do with your pics. It automatically scans folders you select and copies them to picasa as an alternative photo manager.
We are getting better...I am CLAMING healing for all of us. This has been a terrible month for us sickness wise. But I know He will see us through! Believing we will see you all in church this Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Those are my adorable grandchildren, for sure. (You did a great job, Laura, with the background drop, etc.) Love you Moriah and Gracelyn!