We enjoyed 4 days of hanging out at the lodge, a little shopping, a scenic train ride, Thanksgiving dinner, some eating out, games, and watching the girls swim in the pool. While looking back over some pictures we all took, Moriah declared those 4 days the best days of her life! LOL! Our girls stair step in age: Hope 7, Moriah 6, Gracelyn 5, Tori 4, Addie 10 months, & Elaina 5 months. Yep, ALL GIRLS! =) (very cute ones I might add! ha!)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ The swimming gang! (minus Tori)
The vintage locomotive! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Moriah the train Conductor!
Gracelyn the train conductor!
We did take a nice scenic ride through the Ozark foothills on a vintage train. All the girls loved that! They had special dome cars where you could upand get a panoramic view of the landscape. We all happened to sit in the car where the conductor gave his narrative for the train ride. When he was not commenting on different points of interest along the way, he really enjoyed talking to our girls. He joked with them, let them try his hat on, teased them and asked them many questions. The girls warmed up to him during the ride and were responsive and friendly. Towards the end of our ride, he really complimented us parents on our girls. He mentioned how that he talks to many kids with his job and that most children now a days are so absorbed in the electronic games they bring along that he can barely get a "hi" out of them. He said he could tell our kids were raised differently without so much TV and stuff, as he put it! It was great to see that even our kids, as young as they are, they can still shine a light in this world.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ John & Dad in their ultra cool Indiana Jones style hats =) I think the biggest highlight...for the GUYS anyways.... was going to the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield on the way home. We were there for no less than 4 HOURS! Uhhggg! Don't ever let guys fool you into thinking they can't shop till they drop...just has to be the right store! LOL! I have to admit, they did have some pretty cool displays. Before we parted ways, we all eat at the nice restaurant there as well.
Big thanks to Joe & Anna for the use of their time share... hopefully it wont be another 2 years before we all get together again! I don't think my girls could handle it! LOL!
!The girls getting their hair eaten by a very large moose!
8 comments:
I had fun too. Sure hope we can do it again. Even if we have to have more fun than we can handle.
wow, this blog thing is great. really like the photos too. and good to hear john's surgery went well :)
Hey Lisa!
Glad to see you've checked out the blog! =) It was great talken with you the other day...even though we didn't get to for long. We'll have to ring each other again soon!
-Laura-
Hey! It's been forever since I've had a chance to talk to you! In fact, I haven't even gotten a chance to see your baby close up aside from pictures I've seen!
I hope all is well with you and your family! I thought I'd share our blog with you, too! Take care and hope to talk to you soon!
Oh, by the way, I wanna see a close up of that gorgeous ring!!!! Congrats!
The pics are great! Glad you had an enjoyable trip. :-) Pretty handsome son-in-law standing there with his dad. Amazing what hats will do for some people! :-)
Laura,
Your site is amazing...HOW DO YOU DO IT??? I can't seem to find my van keys half of the time and you...new baby...check...vacation...check...
blog site...check...GIRL...you are AMAZING!!!
Looks like a nice vacation...yeah, I know what ya mean about guys and the RIGHT store...I think I fell asleep at Lowe's before...or was it Home Depot??? lol
Godspeed, Tammy L. Meihls
Hey Tammy!
Thanks for all the comments girl! That was great. But you are pretty funny. As you can see all those post were like 2 or 3 months behind! So not that amazing around here....just slow! LOL! Besides, all that coming from a mother of 4 who is homeschooling and cleans houses...uh huh you sound pretty good yourself! =) About your keys, sorry, like I tell John..if I have to look for your keys AGAIN I am charging you a hefty fee! =)
hello friend,
this is your computer illiterite..sp?? (and terrible speller) friend. i hope you feel special cause yours is the very first blog i've ever been on! its really neat! i can't believe you actually find time for these kinds of things!! hopfully i can come on again..ha! i don't really find time for these kinds of things obviously! who knows maybe next year you'll see anouther increddibly miss spelled note from me! lets stick to the phone calls, ok? =) then no one knows my spelling and grammer secrets! love ya girl!!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment