Saturday, January 3, 2009

Our Camping Trip!

Ok, now that we are on the other side of one of the busiest Fall and Christmas seasons (hallelujah!) we have had, I will attempt to recall some events that happened during this time but were never posted!

Like that church camping trip we were eagerly anticipating back in late September....!

We had a really good time on the camping trip. The church has done this annually now for quite a few years, but this is the first time we have been able to go. We have never been camping with such a big group like that before. It was a lot of fun and great fellowship. John and I actually felt it should have been a day longer. With all the work involved getting gear packed up and ready to go plus all the set up, it seemed to just go by too quickly.

The girls on Saturday morning in cozy bags & tent!

The girls had a blast of course. Our group took up almost one whole camping section so it was great for the kids to be able to roam from one end to the other playing with friends from church.They were able to play at the park down at the end of our area, go canoeing for the first time, swimming in the lake, roasting marshmallows, and run around being wild!! Yeah, they were not ready to leave by any means on Sunday!

Saturday morning breakfast spread!

You can see part of the tent John got us in his posting. The main part that you see is JUST the closed in vestibule! The tent cause quite a stir with everyone wanting to see inside it. I started teasing that we were charging a $5 dollar admission fee! LOL! It is a very nice tent with a 9 foot center and I believe 12 x 12 area inside. John and the girls each had cots but I opted for an air mattress. We had plenty of room which was the whole point! John did a lot of searching to find the best kind for our needs, wanting us to be comfortable. We plan to take more camping trips with the girls in the future.

Nathan Arant taking his turn making blueberry pancakes!

I have to hand it to Sis. Teresa, she made sure we were well feed and not with just ANY old camp food, we're talken some down right GOOD stuff! LOL! She had the all time camping kitchen going on... I was afraid she'd start charging a hefty price for that good food, especially since we couldn't resist teasing her about all the stuff she brought along! =)

Bro. Dave Mangen cooking up the sausage for the biscuits and gravy!

As John mentioned, there was a few draw backs...namely a dog who is fortunate to still be alive right now...I was muttering about finding John's gun and putting it out of MY misery at 5:30 Saturday morning, but lucky for it I was too lazy to get up and follow through! All in all though, we had a great time and look forward to the next annual camping trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garrett Family,
Camp was GREAT...Yes, it is too short for all the WORK...loved your tent...still owe for the admission...lol We hope to do it again next year! Godspeed, Tammy L. Meihls

Lost in FWA said...

Hey Tammy!
Lets see admission plus intrest would be...lets see...yeah we're talken some dough here! LOL! Yep, looken forward to THIS years trip! haha!
-Laura-