Monday, May 18, 2009

!!!!!!!!!!! BIG 10th ANNIVERSARY TRIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOHOOOOO!! Oh ye-ah! We got the tickets, baby! Half of the trip is already planned and paid! Oh ye-ah!!! Now we just wait and plan a little more...and get really excited!!! Can you tell I'm excited?? I know sometimes it's hard to determine a persons tone when you're just reading the words?? Do I need to add a few more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??? LOL!!

I know, I know, I am keeping you in suspense.......WHERE ARE WE GOING?? Well, if you were at the couples banquet at BCF Saturday night, John let the cat outta the bag, already! (more on the banquet to come!) But for those of you who haven't heard......uh...uhhhhmmm...uuuhhhh

Drummmmm roooolllll Pleasseee!!!!!!!!!!!


OK! We are going to Ambergris 'Caye, Belize!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What??? Where?? You don't know your geography do you?? I didn't think so! HA! Ok, I'll admit, when John first mentioned it I was like, huh? too!

So here is a map to help you see that it IS an actual place!=) Click on the green map to enlarge. Towards the top you'll see a long island just off Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. It has an arrow pointing to it saying Ambergris `Caye. That's the place!
Now that you've had your geography lesson, lets get to the good stuff! =)

We will be staying at the private Sueno Del Mar Resort!!!! Now here are the pictures you really want to see!! Oh ye-ah!

I know you all are wondering how and why we chose this country and this resort. Well, to make a long story short, John knows of a person who has helped set up some trips to this island and resort for some acquaintances of his. After contacting her, we learned that she used to manage this property and though it's not open to the general public, she is able to work out deals for certain folks. After e-mailing lots of questions and answers back and forth, and searching things out on the Internet, we decided this sound like a great opportunity. This friend has been in the travel business for over 20 years and lived on the island itself for 8. So she knows the ropes and all the ends and outs and has been a huge help in getting it set up for us. Without her guidance we would be a quite uncertain about many aspects of the trip. We have most of the basic details worked out so far and as I mentioned our plan tickets are bought as well as half of the price for the whole trip. We will be going for 8 days near the very end of October!!!!!!!!!

Some of the things we plan on doing are: Swimming (in the pools and sea), snorkeling, hanging at the beach, sea fishing, sight seeing Mayan ruins & possibly cave tubing. There will be more added to the list, I'm sure!

The only shadow to this great adventure is I would like to lose 30 lbs. before we go! =p Uhhgg! I guess I just wanna look good in paradise, what can I say! haha! I've had a hard time losing the weight I gained with Elaina...so it's going to be a work'en it off summer! So ya'all pray for me, ya hear?? PRAY REAL HARD! =)

At any rate, it's going to be fun anticipating our trip and then finally going on it! I'll keep you all posted!

12 comments:

BeccaHolsapple said...

Sounds like great fun!!! The pictures are beautiful!

I had actually heard of Belize, but I wasn't quite sure where it was located!

So when are you going?

Lost in FWA said...

Hey Becca!

We are going the end of Oct through the first of Nov! Can't wait! =)

-Laura-

Jeshanah said...

Wanna take a couple stowaways?? We'll be real quiet! Promise!!

That looks awesome!! I'm hoping to go to Hawaii for our 10 year but I'm not sure if it's gonna happen or not though... it's only a little over a year away and I'll probably be pregnant again! =) Maybe for our 15th... if we're all still here!

Lost in FWA said...

Shan!

Stowaways huh?? I'm thinking you guys will take up too much room in my suitcase! Sorry! LOL!

Hummm pregnant again, huh? Thanks for the heads up! =) Just tell Zion he has to take you early...cause you know once more kids come along, money will go bye bye, time will go bye bye, energy will go bye bye...yeah, I'd go soon and not put it off! HA!

-Laura-

Sarah said...

WOW!! When you guys decide to go big, you really do it up right!! =) This looks awesome!! A dream vacation for sure! Dana and I went on a Caribbean cruise for our 10th, so that wasn't too shabby! =) Although we did have Andrew with us...he was only 8 mo. old. Maybe for our 15th we'll go again, NO kids this time!!

Lost in FWA said...

Hey Sarah!

I don't wanna here any whinning about having Andrew with you on your cuise! I remember getting on to you for that one! LOL!

Yeah, we thought about doing the cruise thing too, but John made a good point that when you dock you don't usally have a lot of time to explore and often get "stuck" in the very touristy sections by the docks. So we figured we'd like just staying at a secluded resort better. We will be going to the mainland a few times to explore and sight seeing! Can't wait! =)

-Laura-

Wifey said...

Wow, you will be a mere 300 miles from where I was born. If you have occasion to pop into San Salvador snap a few pics for me. :)

Martha

Wifey said...

Forgot to tick the box to bookmark the comment thread. :)

Martha

Lost in FWA said...

Ha! Were you raised there Martha?

-Laura-

Wifey said...

No; there was a civil war breaking out right around the time of my birth and my dad decided we should live in the States while it was ongoing. They were originally planning to emigrate after the war but it ended when I was 16. Mom became a U.S. citizen in 2001.

Lost in FWA said...

Wow, interesting! Have you ever been back?

-Laura-

The Pyatskowit Family said...

Amazing! Jonathan and I have wanted to go to Belize for a long time. Not sure if we can afford it, though. I'll have to read through this carefully for info! Could you possibly tell me how much this is costing you? Maybe we could do it for OUR 10 year. That would be awsome! Thanks!