A few weeks ago our church had some men's meetings and capped it off with a formal sweetheart banquet! Most of us got dressed up in some finer duds and had a great time! I made John wear his Dress Blues for the occasion. He was pretty uncomfortable with all the attention it generated, but I have to say I was rather proud! =)He looks mighty handsome all decked out! The girls love to see him in his Blues. The first time they did, they got super excited and both claimed they were definitely going to marry Daddy when they grew up! LOL! Then to top it off, Moriah asked Daddy to kiss her hand! Daddy did with a big smile that turned to a burst of laughter when Moriah faked an impressive swoon and fell to the floor! LOL! Of course then Gracelyn had to have her turn to "swoon" as well. John pretends it's all silly nonsense but he doesn't fool me...he loves it! =)
Bottom Row L-R: Mark & Tammy Meihls/ John & Laura Garrett/ John & Rachel Pittsenbarger
The banquet was a blast! We enjoyed an awesome catered meal. A couple from the church do catering as a business and provided the food! You talk about tasty! And the desserts were to die for! LOL! It was very difficult to choose! We enjoyed some songs from the Barber Shop Quartet, The Trenors, and Bro Arant. Bro Vince Grillo also gave us a short but heartfelt exhortation on a lasting marriage. Bro Jack Trenor did a hilarious job as the MC for the night and entertained us with humorous tells of Edna & Ralph. We also had much fun and laughter playing a competitive game of what I dubbed the good husband /bad husband contest. The guys got pretty competitive trying to out do each other on the good stuff they do for their wives! You got a red rose if you won the good question and a black one if you won the bad question! John got one of each!! =) Then we had an amusing round of the Marriage Game (or whatever you call it) where couples have to see how well they know each other through a series of questions. John and I even won a vase with flowers as a door prize!
We had a great time and hopefully we wont wait another 9 years to do it again! We should make it a once a year event! =)

9 comments:
Not to put to fine a point on it...but my hubby's name is M A R K....LOL...he wants to know who this Mike is...I'm in doghouse now...thanks a bunch Laura!!! ROFL
Tammy, ff you say it little a little kid that can't pronouce it's 'R's it's just right!
Great pics of the two of you Laura! I thought the banquet was great fun too! If they don't want to do it every year they should at least make it every couple of years!
I was going to ask if mark knew that tammy went with mike but that won't be needed anymore.
ROFL....ok guy, ok! I know it's hard to believe that I can make a mistake, but it's slightly possible. =D
Sorry MARK! My brain was getting a little fuzzy at 1:30am! I didn't think that sounded right, but couldn't figure out why! LOL!
Now (besides Becca) you all can read it again and actually comment on what the post was about! Humph!
=P
-Laura-
Lol, Tammy! That was a pretty funny mistake, Laura! =) But since you did post a nice picture of us, I won't tease you too much about it. ;)
You guys looked great! I thought you matched John very nicely in his dress blues!
Lots of respect to John for wearing the dress blues and the service it represents. Very nice.
Wow, you all look so purty!!
Well I must add my humble two sense. Everyone looks great. You two are ate the top of my list. I am happy for you all.
See Laura anyone can misspell.
Post a Comment