Sunday, July 12, 2009

Heaven's Rejoicing Tonight!


Bro. Vincent & Sis. Maria Grillo
Taken @ Sweetheart Banquet @ BCF May -09
Click photo to enlarge

This afternoon we received word that our precious Bro. Vincent had, indeed, passed away. Even with knowing it was emanate, it didn't lesson the dull pain, the ache, the tears. Yes, as we were reminded by Bro. Paul Moffit today in service, it's not for Bro. Vincent that we cry. We have a blessed assurance that he is now rejoicing with the saints on the other side. We know that he would not want to come back to this dimension even for a moment. So it is for ourselves that we shed the tears, feel the sorrow. It is for Sis. Maria, Viti, Franco & Amy. It is because so many of us were touched in some way at some time by a man who, to me, was the epitome of humility, kindness & joy.

Bro. Vincent was the first Brother at church to speak at length with John on his return from Iraq. He always displayed such a deep respect and appreciation for John's service to this country even though Bro. Vincent had only lived in the USA a short time. Many times while John was overseas, I would catch Bro. Vincent's eye at church and some how I could sense he was praying for me and the girls, for John. He always had a kind word for us, a sweet smile and a word of encouragement. I can't say I knew Bro. Vincent really well, yet he had a way of making you feel like you were a dear friend & he was glad to see you. I remember him often expressing his deep love and affection for his Brother's and Sister's at BCF...many times getting too choked up to finish speaking.

I do ask... why? Why did You take such a wonderful, godly man from us? Someone who was such an example to us younger folks. Someone with such a great source of wisdom, experience, and Godly character? We all admired him, respected him and looked up to him. Why did You call him home? I do wonder...why?

Yet, I know we all have an appointed time...and I know You are always and forever in control. You know the end from the beginning....You see the big picture. May we, in the very least, take the example that Bro. Vincent so impressed upon us all and remember it well. May the Jesus we saw so clearly in our Brother be our attaining goal.

4 comments:

MrsAllen said...

That's a beautiful blog about Bro Vincent. I will truly miss him. I look forward to seeing him again on the other side. That is a fantastic picture of him with Sis Maria.

Lost in FWA said...

Thank you Sonia...he is definately going to be sorely missed by us all...

-Laura-

Lynn said...

Just read your blog and that's how I find out about Bro. Vincent. It's strange, I only knew him for a few short months, but I agree that he was very humble, and kind, his eyes were always smiling and I loved his Italian accent. Our most precious memory with Bro. Vincent was this past Christmas when our family dressed up in Victorian costumes and ... Read Morewent caroling. We went to their house and had so much fun singing and laughing. We were served Italian cake and tea. Josh was brave and had Expresso coffee, which he liked. I'll never forget that evening

Lynn P.

Lost in FWA said...

That is such a great memory Sis. Lynn! Thanks for sharing!

-Laura-