Saturday, February 6, 2010

!!!!! DISNEY WORLD !!!!!

After seeing Aunt Jeni & Uncle Noah off on their honeymoon, we made the hour and a half drive to Orlando, FL. for our planned trips to Disney World and Sea World with the girls!!! We were all super excited and looking forward to seeing the girl's reactions to it all. At the last minute, Grandpa & Grandma Garrett joined us as well!
I think the girls were pretty overwhelmed by it all. I am sure everything seemed larger than life to them. John and I preplanned and mapped out what attractions we wanted to go to and when. The only problem was how terribly hot is was!!! And here, we figured with it being October, the weather would be more enjoyable! As it turned out, they had a week long heat wave while we were there with the tempts reaching 95 and a heat index of 105!!!!!! This did make it less enjoyable and really drained us and the kids. But we made do and still had a great time!
One of the biggest thrills for the girls was to meet and greet several of the princesses & Tinkerbell and her friends. This really made their day and is something I am sure they will remember years from now!

We made sure to be in front of Cinderella's castle for the evening street parade!! The girls were a little unsure of all the noise and silliness going on at first, but it didn't take long for them to start joining in the fun! Gracelyn had a good time dancing with one of the guys on stilts and all joined in on the conga line dance at the end! It was a fun way to cap off our day at Disney World. Because it was October, DW shuts down around 6 and then re-opens at 7 for their Halloween activities. It also costs an extra $50 a person to stay for it. So we decided against it and headed back the our hotel for some dinner and cooling down in the pool! Kinda disappointed we weren't able to see the fireworks display because of this, but maybe another time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! We went to Disney when I was in 8th grade...and ran into the Holsapples!!!

Sarah said...

Fun pics, Laura!! We want to take the kids there so bad!! Really hoping it will work out this year!! Will have to get some pointers from you when we do! =)

Lost in FWA said...

Maria- Really? Man what are the odds of that! LOL!

Sarah- Oh, I hope you can...it is a lot of fun. I didn't go into a lot of detail for sake of space, but we did have some favorite rides and such. There is an online map on the Disney site that is really helpful. You can scroll over the different attractions and it tells you a discription of what they are. This really helped us in planning our day.

Buuttt...just wait until you see the pics from Sea World! haha! I thought it was more fun the DW! The girls had a hard time deciding which place they liked better! =)

Sarah said...

I have been to Sea World four times. 3 times in San Diego and once in San Antonio,and yes, it is awesome!!! I would love to take the kids there, too!! (we really need that crazy settlement!!):-/

ephtwoate said...

I did not see a picture of grandpa ?

Lost in FWA said...

Grandpa needs to get new glasses! LOL! Click on the first collage to enlarge it and look in the lower left hand corner silly! =D

-Laura-