In April the girls and I visited the Fort Wayne Botanical Gardens with their cousins: Hope, Tori & Addie. Now that their cousins have moved from TX to AL they are much closer and get to visit more often; something the girls are very thrilled about! They had a blast together checking out all the kid friendly areas and looking at the beautiful gardens together. This is one of the spots where I often take the girls' pictures. Is a very nice and cheap family activity. I highly recommend it if you are close to the Fort Wayne area!Happened to capture this sweet pic at the Botanical Gardens! It's now one of my favorites of the girls!! So cute!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In March I enjoyed a much needed get-away with a group of sisters from our church for our annual Ladies Retreat! I have gone several times now, though I did miss the year before. It is such a nice time of relaxation, fellowship, and spiritual growth. I really appreciated Sis. Margaret Balls lessons on the life of Queen Esther. The bible study times were very fun, encouraging and insightful. At the end of the 4 day escape, a few of us put on a small skit depicting the night Queen Esther exposed Haman for the wicked person he was! It a lot of fun as you can see by the pics! =D Anna and I played two roles; servant and guards. Had a blast getting into the guard role! Ha! And yes, those are colanders on our heads...they make for good helmets!!! LOL!

I have also been trying my hand at decorating sugar cookies with a royal icing variation. After doing some cupcake ones for my niece's birthday party that turned out really well, I made up some flower ones for each sister at the retreat. It's very time consuming, but fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment