Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Happenings: Nutcracker Ballet

About that Christmas letter I promised to post....yeah...lesson number one, don't make promises!! Haha!! Seeing as I didn't get any complaints...I'm wondering if anyone had time during the hectic Holiday season to even check! Probably wont do it that way again! =D

So forget the letter and on to some Holiday/Winter highlights.

This year we decided Moriah and Gracelyn were old enough to appreciate and enjoy the Nutcracker Ballet!!! I have been eagerly waiting to take them to see it and was just as excited to go myself! =D We surprised the girls with the tickets about 2 days before the show in December and they were thrilled, though I don't think they quite understood what it was all about.


We decided to make it a special day with the Nutcracker first and then a fancy restaurant afterwards. Unfortunately you can't take pictures of the actual ballet performance, but it was awesome! I was very impressed with the set and the dancers. It was put on by the Fort Wayne Ballet. I would recommend anyone close to FTW and wanting something fun to do to check them out. The do several performances a year besides the Nutcracker and I felt their prices were reasonable.


The girls were pretty dazzled by all the beautiful ballerinas and giggled at the ballerinos (think men in tights!ha!). I am sure it all seemed bigger than life to them as that's how I remember it being at their age! After the show we attended the Sugar Plum Party. It was a chance for the girls to meet the ballet dancers and get their autograph and picture with them. They also received a gift pack with some mementos of the performance. We now have a nutcracker ornament to put on our tree as a great way to remember a wonderful memory!


After the performance, we took the girls to a fancy(er) restaurant called Cut'z in the downtown Hilton Hotel. They had great fun being proper little ladies for about a half hour!! After that they decided it was too much work! LOL!! They were quite impressed with how many utensils were laid out at each place setting. Daddy gave them a lesson on what each one was for and where to properly place it! Sadly, we forgot to take any pics of our dining experience.

For several weeks afterwards, the girls were often found practising their ballet pirouettes and jete pases ! =)

No comments: