Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Artist

I'd like to take a moment to brag on the mom unit. While I'm always proud of her and her accomplishments, it's not too often I publicly proclaim it. The other day Laura did some outdoor portraits of our good friends, the Brooks family. We met after Church service on Sunday for a soup supper provided by Elizabeth, and went over to Teddy Bear park in Lima, Ohio. I wasn't feeling well (still am sick), so I stayed in the truck with the Little Pooper. Laura spent about 2 hours taking hundreds of photos on a blustery fall day, just so she could be a blessing to her friend. She then spent countless hours on the computer using photoshop to tweak dozens of individual portraits, removing shadows and spit up stains, just so Elizabeth and Jon would have the best. What a blessing to have such a wife, and to see Christ on display! Here are a few of my favorites (click to enlarge):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice job Laura.

Sarah said...

Hi Laura! Just catching up on your blog since I was away. Just wanted to say VERY nice job on the pics!!!! I am quite impressed! =) I think you might need to come take some of us; maybe closer to December for our Christmas card??? Anyways, just wanted to you to know those were really beautiful, and John's words were very much deserved!!

Talk to you later,
~Sarah~

Lost in FWA said...

Thanks Sarah! Yeah, I've done some pics for the Valdez's too already...hummm...maybe I should start up a business! LOL! Naaa..it's fun to do! Should be able to do ya'lls...we'll have to work out he details!