Watching the girls be big sisters has been so much fun! The other day I got pretty tickled as I listened and watched Gracelyn trying to entertain her baby sister....
I was cleaning the master bathroom and Elaina was laying on our bed. She wasn't too happy so Gracie, who had just arrived home from Pre-K, wanted to cheer her up! This is what I heard...
"Hi Elaina! Want me to tell you a story?" Gracie asked. "Ok, hang on let me go get a book!" She hurried back and proceeded to introduce Elaina to the wonderful world of Pooh! "See Elaina, that's Pooh Bear and there's Tigger, they are looking for Piglet. He's Pooh's friend, see?" Well, unfortunately Elaina wasn't too delighted with Pooh, and began to fuss. After a few minutes of trying to tell her the story over her fussing, Gracelyn had enough! "Elaina!" Said a very annoyed Grace, "You have to pay attention!" I started chuckling as I went about my cleaning. Next Gracie tried holding her. When that didn't make her happy she decided she must be cold so she put her down, got off the bed and turned the fan off that was in the room. As she did this, Elaina really started making a ruckus! Gracelyn returned to the bed and in a tone of complete exasperation said, "Elaina Ree! You don't have to fuss all day long!" Then she left the room in a huff! LOL
Big sisters don't like being taken for granted Elaina REE! Ha! Too cute!
2 comments:
Love you, Gracelyn! You're so sweet to pacify Elaina, but it will require a little more patience. What a cutie you are - Grandma loves you!
Hey Laura! Thanks for sending me your blog link! The stories with the girls are quite cute! BTW, did you ever get that link I sent you for the sailing? I got a thing back saying that it didn't send the whole thing or something....? Let me know and I will try to send it again.
Hope Elaina is feeling better. We enjoyed having you guys on Sunday!
~Sarah~
Post a Comment