On September 4th, John and I celebrated 9 years of marriage!! Yep, the years are really rolling by fast!
Since you can see where I am heading with this, I will get straight to the point! John totally surprised me with a very NICE Anniversary gift! I had no clue...he even asked me my ring size a few weeks prior. I told him and thought nothing more about it! HA! Such a sweet, naive wife that I am! *snicker*
He had that day off from work, and after taking the kids to school he stopped and bought 2 dozen roses and set those up in vases with 2 cards and the ring box. Yeah, I did a double take when I saw it all! LOL! When I opened the ring box, I about fell off my chair! It is very beautiful. It makes my wedding set look puny! It is silver with 1 large diamond, 2 slightly smaller ones and 4 tiny ones. I believe John said it was 1.75 carat! The largest diamond is in the middle and stands a little higher than the other two. Then there are 2 tiny ones in some etching on either side of those. You can't really tell it in the pictures, but on the outer sides of the ring there is a heart carved in the middle with two scrolls carved on either side. Lots of nice detail that only seeing it in person will give the full effect.
After reassuring me that it IS real, and that NO, he did not rob a bank or mug a poor little old lady, I proceeded to call my mom and mother in law to tell them all about it! Not bragging...nooo...see now if I had bought it myself, then that would be bragging. But seeing as HE bought it, I can show it off all I want! LOL...see how that works?? Besides, gotta give kudos to the honey! He out did himself! I was asked by my dear mother why he gave it to me on our 9th Anniversary instead of waiting for our 10th. I asked and the honey said he knows I want to go on a cruise for that Anniversary and he couldn't afford both at the same time! WOW! He's listening and planning ahead...this is really sounding good!! LOL!
For the life of me, I couldn't get a good picture of it. Then again I am using a cheap digital camera John had in Iraq. Our good camera is on the blink and needs to see a doctor....UHHGG! So I included the pic John had from where
ever he got it online (he wont tell me any details..hummm!) Just pray that I will NOT lose the thing! John has informed me that my life will be over if I do...Eeeekkk! =)
ever he got it online (he wont tell me any details..hummm!) Just pray that I will NOT lose the thing! John has informed me that my life will be over if I do...Eeeekkk! =)Oh, yeah...sooo what did I get John you ask? Uhhhh...why he got a REALLY nice hallmark card with 2 paragraphs of loving words written in it! ROFL! Hey! Like I was suppose to know....besides, I had already gotten him some great prizes for his birthday a few weeks ahead of our Anniversary! I also pulled a fast one and told him the DELUXE tent he just bought for our camping trip was HIS Anniversary gift! LOL! Pretty sly, huh? =)
6 comments:
Garrett Clan,
Wow...some women really know how to RUB IT IN !!!!! lol....that is so COOL...major kudos to your awesome dude! WOW again I say(type) wow! The glare off of my computer about blinded me.
Hey, thanks to you guys for helping and checking on Alana at camp. I was pretty much freaked out...not great in an ER situation I guess...especially when it one of my own. Anyhow, thanks for the prayer and help. We sure had a great time...minus the stitches...*sigh* *grin* Well...gotta get back to the teaching. Chat at ya all later! Bye-the-way...your girls are all such sweeties! I enjoyed them very much! They are all so CUTE!!! But look at their parents...that's how it goes!
Godspeed,
Tammy
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is gorgeous!!!!! That was really sweet of John.
Lose this one? Did you lose your first one or are you just nervous about it because it is so big and beautiful?
Happy Anniversary!
~Rhonda
Hey guys, I took the liberty to post your e-mails on here as comments! It much more fun for folks to see what every one is saying. I wasn't sure if you realized you all had e-mailed instead of commenting. Also, it goes to Johns e-mail and he's not so good at letting me know about it! LOL!
I would be bragging too if my hubby bought me a ring that nice!(hint,hint) =) I have seen it in person and it is beautiful!!!
BTW, did you mean to email this post to everyone? Because I got this same post in my email this morning. Wasn't sure if you meant to do that or what....
Anyway, sorry I missed your call yesterday. I haven't been feeling very good the last couple days; especially today. My mom came and got Andrew, which was a big help. So I spent most of the afternoon in bed. I do feel a little better, but still not the greatest. I will try to call when I feel a bit more like talking. Your prayers would be appreciated!
~Sarah
Happy anniversary! The ring is gorgeous! We're sure proud of you, John. We love you both so much. May you have a wonderful and blessed year in the Lord.
Hey Sarah,
Sorry to hear you are under the weather...=( Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for letting me know about the e-mail deal. I changed a setting thinking it would e-mail folks that the blog has been updated...guess it sends the whole new posting...didn't want it to do that! OPPS! LOL! Guess you all will just have to put the link in your favorites and check back often cause I don't have time (too busy reading and downing chocolates, you know!) to send out e-mails to every one when we update it!
Post a Comment