Monday, September 1, 2008

George Washington for President!!

It all started on our way to church Sunday morning. I was riding in the back with Moriah and feeding Elaina. John was driving and we were having a political discussion about the soon coming Presidential elections. Moriah learned a lot about Presidents in Kindergarten last year, so after awhile she asked us why we were talking about Presidents. We gave her a simple explanation of how individuals run for President and that in a few months we would be picking/voting on a new one. I figured she'd find this all rather boring, but to our amusment, this is the dialog that followed:

"So what are the names of the ones who want to be President this time?" Moriah asked. "Well," I replied, "One is named Barak Obama." Moriah made a face and said, "Oh, he doesn't sound like a good one!" With a surprised laugh, I continued, "The other ones name is John McCain." "Oh, yes, he sounds much better!" Moriah replied! John and I shared a good laugh at that, but she wasn't done. A few minutes later I asked her if she knew who was the greatest President we ever had. Without hesitation she said, "George Washington!" "Oh well, yes he was a great one, but I was thinking of another one" I replied, "do you know who that might be?" Without having to think too hard she said, "Abraham Lincoln!" "You're exactly right!" I told her. Moriah sat there pondering for a few minutes before announcing, "You know" she said rather seriously, "I think I will just pick George Washington for the next President!" LOL

Oh if only we could Riah, if only we could! Maybe we should let 6 year olds vote for us! Seems like this one has far better wisdom than most of the political morons out there
!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Moriah. I'm so proud of you. You're quite impressive for your age. I'm with you 100%, if George Washington was alive, we'd sure vote for him!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how your family has matured in so many ways. Continue in your course and God will continue to Bless. I am proud of you all.

Grandpa G.