The best part was the questions she asked as we worked on it! "God sure has an awful lot of names, Mom!" "Why is He called that?" This made for some great lessons on just Who and What God is to us...and how He can be so many different things at once. She decided she liked the names Lily of the Valley, Jehovah-Raphe, and Our Hope the best. Though that last one was because it reminded her of her cousin Hope! HA!
I was not sure what all they were going to do in class that day, but parents were invited to come and I was pleasantly surprised at what her teacher had set up. She had about 10 "stations" set up in the room with each one having an activity they had to do involving 100. Like 100 math problems (Riah's least favorite station! =) ), stamping 100 stamps on a paper, counting different colored candy in a bag equalling 100, stringing 100 fruit loops to make a fruit loop necklace, etc. After each station was completed they got their "passports" signed by the parent monitoring that station, a sticker, prize and then sent to another station! She came home with a big bag of prizes, candy and papers! They had even made colorful paper chains that they hung from the ceiling . Each chain had 100 links! Moriah's chain is now hanging from the ceiling in her room! =) Moriah will get to do this again next year as Mrs. Ice teaches 1st and 2nd grade together.
I took the pics of Moriah doing some of the activities with my cell phone. They didn't turn out the best, but better than nothing! I took some close ups of her writing..she does real good! We did have to us the white out a few times though since we were using markers! lol!

While I was looking up websites for different name/title ideas, I came across this song. I had never heard it before. Not even on the radio. This is the info on it from YouTube: Done for New Life Baptist Church in Memphis, TN. Song is by Laurell Hubick. Please do not steal this video, rip it or download it for any reason. Thank you! Enjoy! Apparently you can download it on iTunes if you want, though. (You can also share the video, just not try to sell it!) I liked seeing the clips from The Passion while it was playing too. EVERY TIME I hear this song, I get the chills and when it ends I am left wishing it would keep going on! It is so powerful! It just proves that God loves to hear His name(s) proclaimed. And that when we worship Him, when we cry out, He comes down! His Presence is so real to me when I listen to this song...I can't help but be in awe of just Who He is...for He is SO everything! I thought you all might enjoy it also.
Project Update:
A proud Grandma showed this blog entry to Bro. Jeff and the BCF staff at a staff meeting, and it is now being proudly displayed in the church library for those who would like to see it! =) Gotta love Grandmas!!
1 comment:
Looks Good:)
Post a Comment