One of the things I have enjoyed about living in Fort Wayne, is the many fun things to do. Besides local family fun, there are quite a few Christian artist that come to town. John and I have been able to see Phillips, Craig & Dean in concert, Mark Lowry, and this past Friday we had a great time at a Selah concert! We made a date of it and truly enjoyed ourselves. I think it was the best concert I have gone to and I've been to quite a few (as a teenager).I really like Selah (oh, by the way it's pronounce SEH-LAW not SEE-LAW as some folks pronounce it. I looked it up online and there is a mix as to people pronouncing it both ways. According to the Hebrew Lexicon, though, it is pronounced SEH-LAW=) ), they sing many of their songs with only a piano, so you can actually hear the words they're singing!! Unlike some groups who are always drowned out by their bands at concerts. They sing a lot of the old hymns, but arranged in a way that really sounds awesome!
One of the highlights was when Todd (Group Leader) started talking about living in the Congo for awhile with his parents who were missionaries. From the front, there was a loud YAHHH! And before the rest of us new it, Todd and a black lady in the front were speaking rapid Congolese!! Turns out she only lived about 60 miles from where he used to. He finally took pity on the crowd and clued us in on their private conversation! LOL! Before it was all over, he had her up there helping them sing their African song, Esango! She was beautifully dressed in their traditional clothing so she really looked the part! There was a lot of laughter and fun through the whole surprise encounter!
I keep telling myself to take my camera along to these concerts, but never have! So no live photos! Just in case you've never heard one of their songs, I am posting one of my (many) favorites on here! (sorry, couldn't find a live version online) Enjoy:
John and I capped the evening off with a nice late dinner at a restaurant I really like called Don Hall's -Triangle Park Restaurant. It's a nice non-chain place. John got home late from work so we had to go after the show, but that turned out better actually, since we pretty much had the quite restaurant to ourselves at that hour! That was our rare date in a nutshell! =)
21 comments:
Esango esango esango meine!
Esango esango esango meine!
Ezali na ba oyo ba ndimi Yesu
Ezali na ba oyo ba ndimi Yesu
Mawa, mawa, mawa meine
Mawa, mawa, mawa meine
Ezali na ba oyo ba mboyi Yesu
Ezali na ba oyo ba mboyi Yesu
Longwa, longwa, longwa Santana
Longwa, longwa, longwa Santana
Na lingi ko salela Yo, Yesu Masistaia
Na lingi ko salela Yo, Yesu Masistaia
Mbalembe, mbalembe, tu kweda na
Mbalembe, mbalembe, tu kweda na
Mbalembe, mbalembe tu kwenda na nzila zulu
Tu kwenda na
Hey, ran into your blog from Shan's.
I was flipping through and found this pic.
Just curious, looks like a bushmaster with YHM rails and YHM flip sights. Am I right...or close? Like the eotech - on my wish list.
Yes, it's ban-era Bushmaster with YHM rail, and flip sights. It has a custom flash hider. The EOTech is gravy to shoot with.
Hey Laura! After I saw your comments on mine and Shan's blog I decided to check yours out! Lot's of cute pics of your girls!!
I love Selah!! One of their song has been kind of magical for us! Ben was terrified of the car as a baby and he would cry for as long as we had to drive. The only song that would calm him down was 'By and By', an african song they sing!! So we listened to that song A Lot!!!!
Let me know if they make their way to Fort Wayne again! I think that would definitely worth the trip!
Hey Becca!
Thanks for the comments! Yep, Selah's great, I was just sitting hear listening to the song I have posted on here. That's funny...Gracelyn loves the song By & By that they sing too! It's her favorite song and she always asks if that's Bro Branham at the begining! Glad it calmed Ben down--crying in the car = no fun and big headaches! =)
-Laura-
Hey Laura, You have a nice blog here. I'm very impressed with your cakes... I might have to enlist your help with one for Link's birthday!! (I'm thinking about a bust of Abraham Lincoln's head... think you can you handle that? lol)
Oh yeah, nice ring! =)
Hey Shan!
Thanks! Uhhh...unless you want some gum paste flowers for that there cake, I don't know how much help I can give ya! LOL! Maybe a pretty cluster on A. Lincoln's hat might be a nice touch! HAHA!
Yeah, John did good on the ring! =)
-Laura-
I'm anxiously waiting for you to post on the recipe rut buster blog... I want to see some new recipes!! I'm seriously stuck in a rut and I'm sick to death of everything I know how to make!! HELP ME, Laura!!
Oh Man!! You let it out Shan! LOL! I didn't realize you could see all our blogs we have on our profile...duhh! HA! Ok so like that blog is still under construction...I should have it up and going in about a week! Glad to already have intrest in it though! I am rather excited about getting it going!
-Laura-
Hahaha, sorry. Didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag... but when I saw the name of that blog, I went there immediately very excited, then nothing.... nada... zilch! I was sorta bummed. =(
Can't wait for that one to be up though. Is it just gonna be your tried and true recipes or are we all gonna get to contribute so we can swap 'em? I actually have some pretty tasty things in my repertoire.... I just happen to be sick of them. =)
Hurry up and get this blog up.... it's not like you're busy with 3 kids or something! What'r you waitin' for?!
Yeah Laura, come on! You know you're just sitting around reading and eating bonbons, anyway! =)(hehe)
That does sound like a cool blog!! Let us know when you get it up and going. We, your faithful readers, will be there! ;)
Ok, Ok! Man! I just created that blog like Wednesday night at uhhhh 1 in the morning!! LOL! So, taking my honey's advice and trying to get a 3 or 4 postings drafted before publishing any so I can stay ahead of things! =) So I'm worken on it ladies, I'm worken on it! =)
Shan-yeah, you're right on, it's going to be an exchange site. My intro post will explain how to go about submitting recipes.
Sarah-uh huh look who's talken! Where are the posts on your blog girlfriend! LOL! You must be taking up my bad habit and sitting around eating chocolates and reading all day! HAHA!
Sarah! I didn't even know you had a blog! (goes to check it out...) Oh... I guess I haven't been missin' much! LOL Where are the posts, people?? Nice picture, but overall.... pretty boring place to be. =)
Yeah Shan, give her a hard time like she gives me! haha! Then again wait till you got 3 kiddos girl! LOL!
-Laura-
I saw the recipe rut buster and I went to see what it was about right away too...but nothing...
Can't wait to see what you post! I think we all tend make the same things over and over again.
I didn't know you ahd a blog Sarah! Gotta start posting!!!
Man you all are like a bunch of pirahnas!!!! Attack attack! LOL! Ok, I will do my best to put everything else aside this weekend and meet your demand for postings on The Recipe Rut Buster. =) Guess that's what I get for not hiding the blog till I was ready! HA!
I know....my blog is pretty boring right now. =( I haven't taken the time to get it up and going; but I will..maybe...if I have time between reading my books and eating my chocolates!! Ha!
I am sure it will be a "must read" once you get it going Sarah. We will all be drooling over the fancy dishes Dana comes up with! =) Then again, I have only heard of these supposed entrees, I have never actually had the honor of tasting them...hummm!??! =)
-Laura-
Laura...I am FINALLY on your BLOG!!!(Hallelujah chorus playing in background)What is a date?
Tammy, Tammy...hummm that name rings a bell...lem'me think, think, ohh, ohh yeah it's commen to me now....!!!! LOL! Long time no hear from girl! Glad to have ya back, your comments always make me laugh.
Date - something you did with your man before you got hitched & had 4 kids! haha!
Seriously, your girls are old enough to watch little handsome so you and Mark can go on a date!! Remember, Bro. Jeff says at least once a week! ROFL!! (wiping laughter tears from my eyes! Whew! that was a good one!) You know we are to do what are good pastor tells us! =)
-Laura-
Once a week... once every three months... I'm pretty sure it's the same. =) (Oh wait, but he said we should go away for a night every 3 months. Well how's that supposed to work!?)
Zion and I have been on one date without the baby since he was born. I think that's pretty good. I'm kinda attached to the little guy anyway... I was worried the whole time and we were only gone for about an hour and a half... and Link was in perfectly good hands with my mom and dad. The way I figure it... Zion and I had 8 years of dating since we got married, PLUS the 2 years before we got hitched. We should be good for a while. =) We can just take "dates" with the baby in the backseat for a while.
Post a Comment